Job posting: Certified Coach
Minnesota Distance Running Association
Training Program Coach (16 -Week)
Summary of Role:
The training program coach is a paid position that works to facilitate the MDRA’s Marathon and Half Marathon Training Program curriculum to program participants. The program has two sessions each year, Spring (Feb-June) and Fall (June-October). Each session should have two full time coaches or one full time and two part time. MTP coaches are assisted by volunteer Team Leads (pace group supervisors) and supported by the Operations Manager. There is an average of 100 participants per session.
This position works in collaboration with co-coach(s), Team Leads and the MDRA Operations Manager and entails approximately 10 hours per week for 16 weeks, Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Additional time required (2hours) for a pre session planning meeting.
Core Duties/Responsibilities include the following (all responsibilities shared with co-coaches):
- Planning weekly running routes and group logistics
- Sending bi-weekly emails to class participants on runs, routes and schedule
- Supervising the weekly classes.
- Managing and communicating with Team Leads
- Leading the program participants through weekly instruction
- Respond to communication from participants and taking necessary action
- The placement of water stops along the class route
- Aid in the facilitation of informational speakers
- Coordinate post race party
- Willing and able to inspire and motivate others
- High organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity to work in partnership with co-coach and Team Leads
- Certification from one of the following– USATF, RRCA, USA Triathlon
- Proof of liability insurance
- One Year Sustaining MDRA Membership – includes comp entry to all MDRA Races
- $100 credit for MDRA gear
- Payment of $2000 for full time. Prorated pay for part time.
- Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate interest in full or part time coaching