Next MDRA Polar Bear Run:
When: Saturday, June 16, at 8am
Where: Calhoun Executive Center (NW corner of Bde Maka Ska). 3033 Excelsior Boulevard, Minneapolis
What: Run! As long or short as you want!
Bde Maka Ska only: 3 miles
Bde Maka Ska and Harriet: 7 miles
Bde Maka Ska, Harriet and Isles: 10 miles
Bde Maka Ska, Harriet, and Cedar: 11ish miles
Bde Maka Ska, Harriet, Isles, Cedar: 14ish miles
Bde Maka Ska, Harriet, to Nokomis and back: 14ish miles
———————————- ———————————- ———————————- ———————————- —
MDRA Polar Bear Runs are…
an all-comers, all-paces group fun runs for MDRA members AND non-members alike. In other words, for ANYONE. Oh, and they’re FREE!!
- The runs are non-supported in that there are not water stops.
- The runs are supported in that we typically have dozens of SUPER FUN runners of all abilities show up so you can almost be assured you’ll have someone to run with
- Distance range from 3-15 miles, typically, basically, whatever you want to run. Most people run 60-90 minutes
- We typically meet at Calhoun Exec in Minneapolis and near St. Thomas on alternating weeks, unless we’re meeting at a shoe store.
- Weekly emails through the Google Group and Facebook will be sent out. Join us on FB at “MDRA Polar Bears”
- These runs are super fun, FREE (did I mention that??) Bring a friend or 5! Spread the word!
- NOTE on EXTREME WEATHER: MDRA now has a policy to cancel all organized runs if the wind chill or air temp is below -25 degrees F or if there is lightning at a run. If we cancel a run, you are still welcome to run outside at the original meeting spot (free country and all!), but MDRA will not be sponsoring runs in extreme weather.