Track Thursdays with the MDRA!
Summer Dates: Thursdays, June 7th – August 30
Location: St. Paul Academy, 1712 Randolph Ave, St Paul, MN 55105
August 16th Workout
- Dynamic Warmups and Form Runs
- 12-14 x 400m @ 3-5 sec faster than 5k race pace/90 sec rest!!
What do you need to know about MDRA Track Thursdays?
- We meet every Thursday from 6-7 p.m.
- All paces are welcome!
- Workouts are lead by certified coach Laurie Goudreault.
- All runs will be unsupported. You are responsible for own water/sports drink/food pre-run, mid-run, and post-run.
Why should you join us for Track Thursday?
- Miler to Marathoner – Interval Training is the key to becoming faster at every distance!
- What better way to get in a workout than with some new (or old) friends?
- We’ll help you get in a quality workout no matter the weather.
- If you haven’t experienced running with the group dynamic, you should try it. It’s free!
- You’ll meet some MDRA regulars, who are more than willing to talk about running, racing, sports, politics or…just about anything.
- It’s a great way to become familiar with the MDRA
A bit on Track Etiquette
- Warm up/cool down/recover in the outer lanes clockwise
- Run workouts counter clockwise in the inner lane
- Faster runners pass on the right. Don’t worry about getting passed!
- Don’t change lanes quickly without communication.
- After your interval, make sure no ones coming up behind you before stoping or move off the track to the inside.
We’ll be posting workouts by Tuesday night for the upcoming Thursday night run on our Facebook Group – Track Thursdays https://www.facebook.com/groups/146962982067084/ and on runmdra.org. Check back weekly for the workout and instructions.